Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Simple checklist within fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Zuckerma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would go a long way in letting many of us move completely away from Trello, Asana, Etc. into Airtable. I know there are workarounds (link to another table’s list containing the tasks), but that quickly becomes overly cumbersome. Would love to have simple checklist as a field option!

76 Comments
David_Mina
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I did a little work around using the link table function. I’m in a manufacturing environment and we have a checklist when we switch out parts. I created a table that will represent my checklist with all of the steps that I want my associates to complete. Each field represents a check. Of course I changed the format of each field to the check-mark function.
I linked this “checklist” by part number to my actual table that my associates use.

When I click on the part number that links to the check list, it expands and my associates can update accordingly
image.png

I would have posted more screen shots but I can only post one since I am a new user

Nicola_Rudolf

Hi David,

This workaround may work for us! How do you link the checklist to the desired record?

Nickie

Fred_Jumayao
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yup same here first impressions were promising but not having the capability of subtasks or checklist within a field kinda defeats standard project task tracking which is important for me. Smartsheets has this feature but they are too pricey for small teams and single users.

Ryan_Estwick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If this was implemented it would solve all my todo lists issues. I could replace trello with the view, the tags are there with other reocrds and it has export. PLEASE give us this. its the one feature stopping air table from beating most specialized apps.

Jacob_Roper
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not all of us are databasing experts though - a checklist field is way easier in terms of UX for the average person. I don’t want to deal with organizing child tables. I just want to break down a task into more manageable subtasks.

Brandon_Boswell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a must-have for fully switching from Trello.

Joshua_Bicknell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 This would be massive for us. Without this it’s very hard to use airtable for complex project management when there are objectives, goals, tasks and sub-tasks… and then if you do that across different time periods it becomes too complicated and messy. At the moment Asana, Clickup, Todoist etc are superior just because of this feature.

Xing_Fang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Voting and bumping this feature as well

maybe just some simple markdown implementation could work

Maurice
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be a great feature, I’m new to AirTable and have just realized this becomes a limitation when collaborating others.

The workarounds mentioned are doable but are just that, workarounds. They’re clunky,time consuming to setup, manage, and difficult maintain long term. Plus, they don’t/ca’t work with the “Board” view.

I feel like 3 more features and AirTables would put these programs to rest (which is crazy to say since I’ve loved each of them for different reasons over the years):

1. Trello: Checklists + progress bar
  2. Sheets: =hyperlink(A1, A2) formula
  3. Asana/Trello: Markdown support

Seriously, :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

Ufuk_Celikcan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Completely agree. This feature needs to happen immediately. Otherwise people like me switch between Airtable and others with checklist like Meistertask, Trello, Asana… what have you. It should be dead easy to add this right?

Btw, the option to add checklist inside a long text field would surely be an a step in the right direction. But the real solution would be a separate checklist field where we can create a list of subtasks and tick the ones that are completed.