Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Support Formula, LOOKUP and ROLLUP fields in Public Form Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tech_Tylercivic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Right now these field (column) types are not supported for public form views. This would be a very handy feature and could eliminate the necessary of another software platform.

27 Comments
Didi_Densmore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am doing a task form and I want the form to be able to show the task description and the estimated hours when the task is selected. It seems silly to insist that forms only have input fields when there is often correlating data that you want to show when a selection is made. This is not crazy or obscure but actually pretty basic. I am somewhat frustrated that I canโ€™t make these show without changing it away from a form. :::grumble:::grumble:::

Tech_Tylercivic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Could you include the estimated hours in the description?

Bruno_Housset
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also waiting this possibility of including formula in a form for the following reason : as a physician teaching students I am promoting the use of clinical rules that often result in a calculated score that should be immediately visible to the user (otherwise itโ€™s not worth it !!).
Any workaround ?

Arkadiusz_Sugie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any news from Airtable on this very much required feature of public forms being able to include calculated fields?

Public_Knowledg
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for this feature request. We also have a long list of numbers for people to select from and it would be advantageous in our form to have a read-only view of the lookup that is a description of that number that they choose. We would use this as a โ€˜confidence builderโ€™ for our staff to use to verify that they selected the correct number in the form.

Ray_Williams

Another +! for this feature request โ€“ also

use case: https://airtable.com/shrGV2lgvOCQlHiXE want users to apply for permit, and we are encouraging repeat business by t-shirt give away. Want return users to NOT have to type in Company name, address, etc. AND want new users to use this same input to add their company name, address etc. if not already in there.

other things iโ€™ve noticed

• when company is listed more than once, we get "ABC ProductionsABCProductionsABCProductionsโ€ฆin the company name field. right now, weโ€™re internally using this lookup field to find an existing record and click on it - and itโ€™s stringing the company name onto the company name onto the company nameโ€ฆ
Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Me too!
We need forms that display all the field types.
-Donald

SUSAN_SHELDON

Hereโ€™s another vote for this very important feature request. I have long text fields where I need the input limited to X number of characters. I added a LEN(string) formula to other columns and that works perfectly, but when entering text into those fields I need to see how many characters I am using. I can see that in expanded view, but not in the form view, which is the view I prefer to use.

I know itโ€™s been over a year and half since this thread started. @Katherine_Duh do you know if this feature is planned to be added or on the road map?

Ken_A

I need this. The form user needs to view reference data in order to complete the form.

Nora_Gorenstein
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m also curious if this is something thatโ€™s in the works. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!