Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Swimlane in Kanban

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Salem_Korayem
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am surprised that no one requested this before, but no kanban board is useful without Swimlanes :slightly_smiling_face:

Like Kanban โ€œGrouping Fieldโ€ where we can appoint it to a field of type โ€œCollaboratorโ€ or โ€œSingle Selectโ€, Swimlanes should be defined based on the desired field type

16 Comments
Roshan_Joseph
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 one from me. This is a must have.

Clara_Zou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I tried to use the matrix block, but this view is not something that I can add to the Kanban view. Is there anyway to create a swimlane view in the actual Kanban board?

+1 for needing this crucial feature for good product management strategy

Cynthia_Sanchez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is definitely a must-have! Please give it a higher priority :slightly_smiling_face:

Kamau_Georges
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would definately like this Feature as well +1

Eugenio_Battagl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Such a bummer that a simple swimlane feature is not there. We were about to implement Airtable across all DAOs we are working on but this is a deal breaker.

James_McElroy

Did Airtable add this feature and I just missed it?

From What is a Kanban Board & How Does It Work? | Airtable

โ€œWithin Airtableโ€™s kanban board view, your workflow is visualized as rows of stacked cards. Simply click and drag to move cards between stacks or swimlanes. Airtable also gives you the ability to apply custom rules to your boards. For instance, you might subdivide your to-do cards into high- and low-priority categories.