Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Text and table formatting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise_Schumake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if it was possible to FORMAT TEXT (fonts, colors, bold, italics), CELLS (left, right, center alignment, background colors), and BORDERS (bold or dashed lines, colors) within tables. The ability to add extra header lines and/or to FREEZE more cells vertically and horizontally would help, too.

I really like the idea of Airtable, but can’t effectively use it over Excel until it has more functionality.

75 Comments
Jeff_Kemp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally need rich text field. Not satisfied with support only for markdown (e.g. Trello) since doesn’t support pasting in formatted content.

Good rich text task description examples to emulate:

• Wrike
  • Podio
  • Freedcamp

Some apps also support rich text for comments which is also really nice feature.

Common usage would be for external links (I know a custom column could also do this but not as convenient since requires separate column, sometimes you want it included in one text field with other text), bullet list for instructions related to item, quick paste of contact info, web excerpts, linking to other items, etc.

This feature is very valuable, and in my opinion it is the topmost lacking feature in Trello and Asana.

It would be a huge benefit to Airtable.

Jeff_Kemp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

See my full comment below in this thread.

BenInDallas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’d love it if Airtable had basically all the text and cell formatting options that Google Sheets does, including conditional formatting.

Justus_Stewart

Original post is 2 years old! Any update?

We are/were hopeful about migrating most of our tools to AirTable, but not gonna’ happen without color, in-cell positioning, lines/borders, conditional formatting, etc. Please and thank you!

J_HTX
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add text formatting to Airtable!

I use airtable every day and this is incredibly needed.

I use individual cells to write notes for our meetings for our business… we need to be able to do bullet points.

I also frequently type in Arabic, being able to format text to appear to the right would be incredibly useful.

Stephen_Leach1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Markdown absolutely NOT ok unless it has a safe mode. We don’t want collaborators inserting random bits of Java script when all we wanted was the ability to make text bold or italic.

Frank_Arnold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It needs some basic formatting… lists, bold/Italic fonts and headers… for security reasons complete HTML markup should not be supported. A good idea how to implement this without the needs of providing a new text editor is Trello.

Michael_Ehrlich
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Using Airtable on month-to-month basis to further evaluate. Need cell/column/row formatting and color, so that would be a deciding factor as to whether or not I continue. Thanks.

Martin_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Love airtable but really dislike the lack of any formatting markup in long text fields.

Garrett_HUssey

SO one more Vote
Really need to be able to add formatting to fields like BOLD and outline settings

1. Example
  • example a
  • example b
  • example c

you know like we can do in the community