Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Timeline Dependencies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irvin_Acosta
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I believe the timeline should be able to visualise task dependencies. Other project management platforms such as Asana is able to do so by linking interdependent timeline blocks with a line.

Would this be possible by linking a field in an entry to another to show dependencies? This makes managing and understanding complex timelines more doable.

Any comments appreciated!

5 Comments
Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I managed to create a timeline with dependencies using the Org Chart Block. It takes a bit of massaging to make it work right, but the end result was pretty handy. Might be worth a shot!

Irvin_Acosta

That’s an interesting workaround, thanks for the idea!

Tom_Kerswill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be a great addition to the timeline block, to make it a little closer to a Gantt chart.

Kim_Kreis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Mac, without taxing you for a lengthy reply, I’m wondering if you could elaborate how you use Org Chart Block? I’m brand new to Airtable and this dependency issue is a showstopper for me. Could you point me to anything that would show me how you did this or could you give me a quick “how to”? Any direction is appreciated. Thank you.

Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sure, I just posted something over in Show and Tell: Business Process Management

Here is a shot of my actual process flow diagram: ProcessFlow.JPG

It’s not perfect, but it beats the heck out of manually dragging and dropping a process flow.