Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Webhooks for Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Bauch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Webhooks for records would be really useful.

I’m heavily caching Airtable data on my own server via the API, and if Airtable could notify my server when a record is updated, created, or destroyed, that would help me invalidate the cached data and re-request it.

Ultimately that would mean less calls from my server to the Airtable API, which I imagine would please Airtable.

Are webhooks on the roadmap at all?

122 Comments
Billy_Mitchell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would work for me except its only available for pro plans ($20/month).

edgaras

I am not sure why do you need all that, Integromat already have “Watch records” module.

Dmitry_Si
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Because the module does the polling by timer (at least for the free tier), so it either has extremely long delays or eats up the whole actions budget in a couple of weeks.

Elizabeth_Aucti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Dmitry_Si - can you provide any guidance on how you created the email webhook? I am also trying to avoid Integromat eating up my number of actions…

Dmitry_Si
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

On Integromat’s side, there are different types of webhooks, I’ve created “Email Webhook”. Once created it provides a unique email address.

On Airtable’s side, I created automation to send an email when the row is added and used that email as the destination.
That’s it.

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Webhook trigger is now in alpha!

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The OT was about outgoing webhooks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Still waiting for that one. Would save AT’s back-end a lot of API polling.

Eugene_Kim
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The issue w/ the webhooks via trigger is that they’ll eat into the automation quota, potentially very quickly if there are lots of records being modified / there are multiple automations on the base. IMO webhooks should not be included in the quota.

Shawn_Turnbow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Outbound webhooks for CRUD operations are table stakes for developers wanting to create enterprise solutions with airtable.

Johannes_Wenige
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable announced that the scripts become free with any pricing plan. Just waiting for them to unlock the scripts. Great solution…