Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Webhooks for Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Bauch
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Webhooks for records would be really useful.

I’m heavily caching Airtable data on my own server via the API, and if Airtable could notify my server when a record is updated, created, or destroyed, that would help me invalidate the cached data and re-request it.

Ultimately that would mean less calls from my server to the Airtable API, which I imagine would please Airtable.

Are webhooks on the roadmap at all?

122 Comments
Arthur_Wu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Happy 2022 :tada: Seems we’re still waiting for this one, but here’s a tutorial for an easy workaround. [Advanced No-Code] Trigger Zaps instantly from Airtable buttons - YouTube

Gist is Airtable button → triggers Airtable script → triggers any webhook service (Zapier, Integromat, Pipedream, etc.). Check templates you can copy in the video description. No polling involved.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable introduced outgoing webhook notifications sometime in 2022 or 2023. 😃

Airtable's outgoing webhook documentation is located here: https://airtable.com/developers/web/api/webhooks-overview

Airtable also introduced incoming webhook triggers for Airtable automations, but there are a significant number of limitations to their incoming webhooks.

For much more robust webhook triggers (including custom webhook responses), I would highly recommend using Make's custom webhooks.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

In that same thread, I also provide the link to Make’s free partner training program, which offers approximately 15 hours of free training videos.

p.s. If you would like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld