1818 0
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Terry_Kluytmans
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is a relatively new issue - when I copy and paste from anywhere into Airtable lately, it automatically adds two new lines before pasting my text and another line after. Can you please look into this? It's frustrating to have to go back and delete it when I'm trying to paste in place. Is there a setting I can change to stop it from happening?

Pic #1 - Screenshot of image where text should be pasted. (Source is one 'word' of text - no returns.)

Pic #2 - Screenshot of image after pasting text. New lines added both before and after pasted text.

Thanks,

Terry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry_Kluytmans

It was indeed a bug, which the Airtable elves fixed last night. Great service - thank you!!

Terry

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

You might want to open a support ticket instead as it's mostly non-staff members in the forums!

I'm pretty curious about this though as I tried replicating this but wasn't able to!

May I know where you're copying the data from? I was copying directly from single line text field in the gif below:

Screen Recording 2023-04-11 at 12.44.51 PM.gif

Terry_Kluytmans

Thanks, Adam. I did submit a support ticket as well. 

I'm on a different computer today and the extra line breaks are not happening when I paste. I'll have to test it on my computer when I get back home. I don't know what the difference would be - both computers use Chrome as the browser. One is a Windows 10 machine and the other is Windows 11 - whether that could make a difference or not, I'm not sure. 

Or maybe the elves fixed the issue while I was sleeping? ๐Ÿ™‚

Terry

Terry_Kluytmans

It was indeed a bug, which the Airtable elves fixed last night. Great service - thank you!!

Terry