12431 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akshay_R
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I do not seem to find this anywhere on the community, so thought of sharing it.

With the use of API key, we can easily integrate Airtable bases into power bi and design dashboards.

In the PBI desktop got --> Get Data --> Web --> Advanced

Screenshot (45).png

1. In the URL parts, enter the table URL here
  2. To authorize - select Authorization and enter this Bearer YOUR_API_KEY

Click OK and your table will reflect here.

This process has to be repeated for each table in the Base.

Also, if a field is linked record type, this shows as a bunch of alphanumeric in the PBI. To avoid this, in the table create a new column next to linked record field and use ARRAYFLATTEN formula to overcome this alphanumeric and effectively present data in PBI.

One thing I still did not figure out is how to set auto-refresh in PBI online as it shows to edit credentials to enable auto-refresh and I am not sure in what way/format I should enter them. If anyone has an idea please tip me.

6 Replies 6
Levi_Barbosa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey there!

I used this process but for some reason when pulling the columns, it’s only bringing 23 instead of the total amount, do you know how to pull all columns?

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi I have tried this but it’s not pulling up my records from Airtable. They show up in the web view but when I load it into PowerBi, it’s not showing any data to import.

Any help on why this might be?

Thanks.

Chris_Huey
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can anyone elaborate on the OP’s advice to use arrayflatten to convert the alphanumeric codes to the actual values from linked records? I have been searching all over and cannot find a solution to this.

Thank you

It’s funny how so many threads about connecting Airtable and Power BI just go dead and unresolved. Did anyone in this thread find a solutiuon for this?

@Plinio_Averbach
If you go to the bottom of this post, we’re almost there:

Hello! I is dead, Airtable asks for newer browser.