cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I came across a great resource from The Covid Tracking Project

Once I saw they had an API, I decided it was the perfect use case to showcase the power of Airtable - charts, scripts, data grouping, etc.

So, I spent an hour to build this tracking utility from the Tracking project.

Feel free to share:

14 Replies 14
Ashish_Tiwari
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, this is a great tool!
I was looking a similar kind of dashboard. Just to update- i am helping my local authorities for building control, measure and health management processes via airtable.

i wanted 2 modifications into this:

1)Can you please help by creating a simple form for officials who can input the figures easily,
2)How can i embed the charts of block ? i dont see any option on embedding ONLY CHARTS

Really look forward,
Thanks in advance,

Ashish

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Ashish_Tiwari - thanks for the feedback. I’ve just shared the base on the universe here: COVID-19 Tracking (US Only) - Airtable Universe

Regarding your questions:

1. No need to enter numbers manually. You can run the script that is in the Code Update dashboard and it will pull in the latest data. Just click the Run button and it takes a minute or two.
  2. Yes, sharing of the blocks is a feature that is in beta with airtable. You’ll need to get Airtable support to enable it for your account.

Good luck!

@openside But this data is of United States, i want to provide this tool to Indian State, so there is a need for changing data, please guide…

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

ah, i see. You should be able to create a simple form to enter new records (or just enter them directly into the grid).

Here is guide on creating forms: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/206058268-Guide-to-forms

Devlyn_MacKinno

This is awesome! Is there a way for me to add tracking for hospitalizations? I know only enough about scripting to be dangerous.

You’d have to find a source for that data. I don’t believe the source I used had it.

I believe they have since added it. I just don’t know how to add it. I looked at the script and their API and was just lost. lol :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

I may be missing something, but the data doesn’t appear to be updating. Could you please explain the steps required to reconnect it to the api if one copies the base? If so, that would be fabulous.

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Stephanie_Cion1 - its no longer being actively refreshed/udpated. If you copy the base, you should be able to run the script block to perform the update.

Thank you! I will try that now!

Update the script to use https://api.covidtracking.com

Was able to get it to work after over a month of no updates.

To add to that, I also had to update the links as they had new pathways. It works great now!

Thanks for sharing. I will try it shortly!

Devlyn_MacKinno

It’s broken again but I’m not sure how to fix this time. Can anyone take a look?