Help

Data Fetcher app released on Marketplace - run & schedule API requests within Airtable

1558 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I just launched a brand new app on Airtable’s app marketplace. Data Fetcher lets you run, save and schedule API requests without leaving Airtable:

https://airtable.com/marke…/blkZrRSlxzhBlv6T9/data-fetcher

Some of the features:

• Use values from your base in the request URL/body/headers

• GET/POST/PATCH/PUT/DELETE methods all supported

• Save API requests securely

• Import requests from cURL commands

• JSON/ XML response to Airtable transformation

• Response field types are inferred. e.g. dates in API response become Airtable date fields

• Schedule requests to run hourly/daily/weekly

• CORS proxy for all requests

If you have any feedback or questions, feel free to comment or email (hello@datafetcher.io)

3 Replies 3

Very cool! Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: :raised_hands:

This looks very cool.

It looks like users need to know how to formulate their API request url, headers, parameters, and body on their own. Is this correct?

I also have some questions about your privacy policy:

We also save any API request details you save

Do you save only the configuration of the API request? Or do you save any of the fetched data?

Data Fetcher will keep your data for 20 years.

How does the life of the account fit into these 20 years? For example, if someone has an account and keeps it for 20 years, will information entered at the creation of the account still be there? If someone creates an account, processes some requests, and then deletes the account a few days later, will you still keep that data for 20+ years?

• The right to erasure — You have the right to request that Data Fetcher erase your personal data, under certain conditions.

What are those conditions? Does the right to request that our data be erased mean that the data actually will be erased? How long will it take for the data to be erased from the time the request is made?

If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

Can you clarify between “responding” to the request versus “fulfilling” the request. It sounds as if someone might initiate a request, but the response might be “no”.

If you have any questions about Data Fetcher’s privacy policy, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. I hope that you don’t mind me asking my questions on these forums. Because api request headers contain very sensitive data, I feel that a very clear privacy policy is particularly important.

Thanks for the feedback!

For now, yes. You can also import requests from cURL commands though, which makes it easier to set them up. So this is intended at lowcoders not nocoders. However in the medium term I’ll add a request library where users can just import from that, add any API keys, and get set up with no code.

Just the configuration. None of the data.

No, we’d delete the data immediately if someone deletes their account. The 20 years is a fairly standard privacy policy term to indicate what we’d do as a backup if someone didn’t delete their account. Obviously if Data Fetcher is still around with active users in 20 years we’ll keep any ongoing data.

The conditions can be found here under ‘When does the right to erasure apply?’

Yes if the conditions are met. Which I imagine it would be nearly all of the time.

One month maximum (standard GDPR) but imagine it’d be a lot quicker.

The request will be fulfilled if the conditions are met. Which I imagine it would be nearly all of the time.

I appreciate there’s a lot of sensitive data in API requests, so have taken security measures such as encryption, MFA on third party infrastructure I am using to ensure this is kept safe. As part of the app review process, Airtable’s security team checked all these measures.