cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone.

As part of my job, I have to send a form to my customers, so that they can provide me with production data. i

Today, this transfer is done via an Excel file.

Tomorrow I'd like to digitize the method.

I'm looking to create a form template, which will be sent to my customers, so that they can provide me with the information.

The form filled in by the customer must be unique (unique url).

The customer would also need to be able to consult and modify the form at any time.

At certain times, he can't collect the information all at once.

It would also be interesting if the unique form were password-protected.

The data will be stored in a dedicated table.

Do you have any ideas on how to go about this?

Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nehakakar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Generate unique URLs by appending a unique identifier or token to each URL then develop a server-side application to handle form submissions, URL generation, and data storage.

Use password or authentication protection to restrict access to the form. Give each consumer access to the particular URL and the authentication credentials.

Create a table or database specifically for storing the form submissions then develop a reporting system or interface to access the submitted data.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hi @Julien,

This sounded like a shared form view until you mentioned that the customer should be able to modify the form and complete parts of the form at a later date. Anyone with the ability to modify a form will need to have edit permissions in your base and consume a paid seat on your billing plan.

As far as completing the form at a later date, this can be done with multiple forms views but not a single form view as data is not saved in Airtable until the form is submitted. Instead, you can build an interface that allows editors to have a form-like experience and revisit their past submissions.

Another non-Airtable option is to integrate with a third party tool but this will likely be an added expense and added security consideration.

Hope that helps!
-Stephen

nehakakar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Generate unique URLs by appending a unique identifier or token to each URL then develop a server-side application to handle form submissions, URL generation, and data storage.

Use password or authentication protection to restrict access to the form. Give each consumer access to the particular URL and the authentication credentials.

Create a table or database specifically for storing the form submissions then develop a reporting system or interface to access the submitted data.

Julien

Thank you both for your help.

It's clear that the solution isn't easy to implement.

Given the low volume of form creation, I'll settle for a Spreadsheet-based solution for the time being.

If the volume grows, I'll see about implementing your solution.

Have a nice day!

A+

paulo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello. One potential solution for this issue is to employ a form that integrates with Airtable. With miniExtensions Form, you can create a distinct URL for each Airtable record, enabling users to edit the specific record associated with that URL. Additionally, you have the option to activate the login feature, allowing users to utilize a unique value (such as record ID or PIN) to look up and access their respective records.