cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poehah
5 - Automation Enthusiast

:wave: Hi all!

Table2Site allows you to create no-code websites and uses Airtable as a CMS. You just have to add settings and content to your Airtable base and Table2site takes care of the rest :rocket: .

:ok_hand: It’s perfect for:

• “Curated list for X” websites like NomadList
  • Small landing pages
  • Coming soon pages

:gift: Some notable features:

• Add newsletter signups (via Mailchimp)
  • Add dynamic lists/cards
  • Add contact forms
  • Connect your own domain

Examples:

:mega: Let me know what you think :mega:

31 Replies 31
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is a great idea and @poehah is a great guy working on this. Definitely recommend this product.

Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

My only concern (the site looks awesome and exactly like what I have wanted!) is giving away my API key. Is there anything you can tell me about permissions / what the site can access once you have it?

poehah

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t have restrictions on API keys. So your API key can read, update, create and delete records. Your API key can NOT see, nor change things in your account (like your data, payment plans, etc…).

Naturally, we only use it to read records from your database.

It’s a downside but I think they will change this in the future and allow you to limit your api key.

If you’re really worried about supersensitive data, it’s always better not to connect any 3rd party tools :-).

Gordon_Peery

Is there a calendar template for Airtable, and if so, might this be used to create a simple events calendar? Or, a scheduling calendar?

A calendar is not implemented at this point, sorry.

Appreciate your reply! I figured I’d only use this for non-sensitive data or on a separate account if anything. Thanks for your input!

Andres_Gomez

This looks great. I’ve been waiting for something like this for a long time, since AirPress still seems a bit too time-consuming and difficult to me. I hope you develop it more so you can customize your own templates and fetch them with any type of contents, linked records, etc.

Thanks for taking the time for developing this, and good luck.

MIQUIEL_BANKS

@poehah

Please send me this info, I have dozens of projects that need this implementation.

info@miquielbanks.com

Thanks,
MB

Hi @MIQUIEL_BANKS

Not sure what you want me to email you :slightly_smiling_face: The website is up & running and you can test out the tool.

MIQUIEL_BANKS

Ok thanks Poehah, I will go to the site for the info I need.

Can we do newsletter signups if we don’t have MailChimp? Can we use other services?

I’m going to include more newsletter services soon. Which service would you like to use?

Kartra, Click Funnels, and Infusion Soft.

Ilan_Ben_Yaakov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just played with it yesterday and it’s absolutely amazing!

Thank you for saying that Heart Heart

@poehah - correct me if I’m wrong here, but @Alex_Wolfe - since Table2Site only requires read only access, you can set up a read only user and give it access to just this 1 base, then use the API Key for that read only user. That way it doesn’t open it up to more bases or have to worry about writes to the data.

If this is true then thank you! That’s a great workaround/solution.

poehah

@openside @Alex_Wolfe very good point! That could indeed be a solution. We are introducing some features that require write access (such as a “like” button or voting options). If you don’t use these features, you’re good to use a read-only API key.

Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@poehah fyi we added Table2Site to our list of awesome Airtable resources here: https://builtonair.com/resources - thanks for doing awesome work!