163 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I wrote a tampermonkey script to customize the width of the Sidesheet in the Interface for myself, inspired by this feature request, figured I'd share it in case someone found it useful

And here are some examples of what the UI looks like at different widths:

WidthScreenshot
680px (default)Default.png
800px800.png
1000px1000.png

You can customize your width by just modifying the value of 'sidesheetWidth'.  Main caveat is that we lose the nice animation of the sidesheet sliding in and out though

To use the script you'll need to install Tampermonkey as a browser extension (https://www.tampermonkey.net/) and then just paste the script below in

Bug reports welcome!  I threw this thing together as a fun side project; tested it a bit and seems to work fine, but there are very probably things I've missed!

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Airtable Sidesheet Width Customizer
// @description  Set custom sidesheet width
// @author       Adam - The Time Saving Company
// @match        https://airtable.com/*
// @grant        GM_addStyle
// @version      0.1
// ==/UserScript==

// CUSTOMIZATION START
// Set the default width of the sidesheet
// For context, the default is 680px
let sidesheetWidth = 1000
// CUSTOMIZATION END

GM_addStyle('div:not(:has([data-tutorial-selector-id="interfaceDesignerBuilderIARevampCanvas"])):has(> .topSidesheet) { width:' + sidesheetWidth + 'px !important; right:0px !important; left: auto !important}');

GM_addStyle('div:not(:has([data-tutorial-selector-id="interfaceDesignerBuilderIARevampCanvas"])):has(> [data-elementtype="recordContainer"]) {width:' + sidesheetWidth + 'px !important}');

Changelog:
  - 23 Apr 24: Bug fix - Make sidesheet stick to the right of the screen

2 Replies 2
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This is great! I've installed it on my laptop and it works great.

My use case for this is usually when I have my laptop plugged into an external monitor. Since my screen is bigger, I naturally want to see more than when it's just on my small laptop screen.

As for the bugs, it doesn't stick to the right side of the external monitor. I'm guessing it's taking the size of my laptop's resolution and using that as a reference for the right side.

Sistema_Aotearo_0-1713827571620.png

Tho, it's not an issue really I'm happy that I get to see more regardless haha.

Ooh, thank you very much for the bug report, and yeah your guess about the reference is right!  I've fixed it and it should stick to the right now, sorry about that!