1362 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Horup_Es1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I wrote a blog post about the idea of iterating on apps with Airtable. Airtable is, to me, a way to allow anyone to create apps—not just programmers. But even for programmers, it’s a gem to iterate and prototype faster, and to build the apps that don’t deserve to be written from scratch.

I hope some of you find this useful!

7 Replies 7
Michael_Schoeff
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Using airtable in a similar way.

Wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to:

1. add login / password to for individual uses within an airtable “app”
  2. add ecommerce to charge people for using the app
Maureen_Thomson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I clicked over to your “How You Use Airtable” post. LOVE the shopping idea. (Now I can figure out if Costco truly is less expensive!)

Thanks for posting this.

Simon_Horup_Es1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That’s awesome to hear Maureen! Over time it’s given me a lot of insights… for example, some of the stores my friends say are expensive, I’ve found are only expensive on few (although common) things, and cheap on others.

John_Gilmore

Thanks Simon! I appreciate your approach and I’m glad to have found your blog via this post, and I was sold when I saw you referencing Bird By Bird, the book that enabled me to learn to write, and one of the funniest self help books ever.

-John
(english major turned dev)

Matt_Lawrence

This is awesome, Simon. This is exactly what I was hoping to do with Airtable, and you just put my random collection of thoughts into an organized strategic plan. Thanks!

Ivan_Carlson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Tusind tak! Thank you!

@Michael_Schoeffler I’m working on a new product to add login to Airtable and would love to run it by you to get your feedback. Would you have a few mins to discuss? (Email: sam AT stacker.app)