1420 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyrille_Maurice
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone, I would like to have the sum of each column of Table 1 in a row of Table 2. My problem is that on table 2 I did a rollup and a link, so I have to add the clients one by one in the Clients column. 
Is there a solution so that the Customer column fills automatically when I add a customer in table 1? 
The ultimate goal of my question is simply to be able to retrieve the sum of the columns Achats - Sous traitants - Salaires Flo - Entrée of Table 1 to be able to make a percentage in an interface. 

I hope I've been clear enough for you to help me 🙂
Thanks to all of you !

Capture d’écran 2022-12-17 211703.pngCapture d’écran 2022-12-17 211801.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the first record of `Table 2`, type in the text "Helper"

In your "Update record" automation, the table value should be `Table 1`, the record ID should the ID of the triggering record, and it should update the field `Table 2` with the text "Helper"

If you provide an edit link to your base I can do it for you real quick

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hi Cyrille, you can do this via an automation
1. In Table 2, in the `Name` value for the first record, type in "Helper"
    - I would also suggest just deleting the two other records that aren't in use to keep things clean
2. Create an automation with the trigger "When record created" in Table 1
3. For the automation, give it an "Update Record" action to update the linked field to Table 2 with the text 'Helper'

This should do what you're looking for I believe

I call the technique that you are using having a "Control Record" in a "Control Table". 

Note that if you plan on having hundreds or thousands of records in [Table 1], I don't recommend this method of linking all records to single control record, as it can slow down your base.

Hello, no there won't be many, 50 at most. Thank you for your answer.

Hello and thank you for your solution. I have created the automation with the trigger "When record created" in Table 1.
Then I am not sure about the second part. I attach a screenshot because I have an error.
Also when you say that I should delete the two other records you mean which ones?

Thank you very much for your precious help

Capture d’écran 2022-12-18 183254.pngCapture d’écran 2022-12-18 183324.pngCapture d’écran 2022-12-18 183351.pngCapture d’écran 2022-12-18 183427.png

In the first record of `Table 2`, type in the text "Helper"

In your "Update record" automation, the table value should be `Table 1`, the record ID should the ID of the triggering record, and it should update the field `Table 2` with the text "Helper"

If you provide an edit link to your base I can do it for you real quick