1202 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I run a podcast studio and I track the status of a podcast with names, dates, episode name, guest name, etc.

I have a column on recording date, but would like to add a specific time it will be recorded at.

so how do I add a specific time to a column?

I only see time created and timestamp but no option for specific time?

6 Replies 6
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Within your date field there is a toggle to turn on time as well.

Zack_S_0-1694114242753.png

AmandaWhiting
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 10.49.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 10.51.19 PM.png

If you select include time under created time it should appear like this. Is this what you're wanting it to look like?

BRS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yes!

but as far as i know, the only option is created time and last modified.

i dont see option to put in a specific time that you typically have with, say google calendar.

AmandaWhiting
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hmm, that's weird. Is your column just a normal date field? Also, do you have the free airtable or pay a little monthly? I notice sometimes the free version is unable to do certain things but I feel like it would be able to do this.

BRS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was using pro account for the first month and all the time options is created time and modified time.

im on the free plan atm.

Josh_Colina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Like Zack mentioned, you'll want to use a Date field and toggle on "Include time" - this will also make it so that you can plot out your records in a Calendar. I wouldn't recommend using Created Time or Last Modified Time fields for what you're trying to do.

If you don't plan on plotting out the times in a calendar and just want to plug-in free-text for your own tracking, you could also use a Duration field (which will look like, for example, "8:30" but technically be read by Airtable as 8 minutes and 30 seconds, depending on how you format it, and not 8:30Am or 8:30PM) or even Single-line Text