Help

Re: Sum up durations (rollup) from looked up data (from multiple records) into one cell

2555 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oVo_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, i'my trying to compare efficiency of real-time project durations to theoric template durations. 

Projects are linked to tasks and tasks templates ;

-> total duration of a project = sum of the duration of each task

-> duration objective (efficiency) of a project = sum of the task duration objectives

In each project, Im trying to lookup the tasks theoric duration and sum it up to compare it to the actual project duration. 

I'm doing this this way : 
- I link projects to tasks

- Each task is linked to a ''task template''

- I look up the ''theoric duration'' of each task and Sum it up in rollup

The problem is that the sumup calculation is incorrect : see screenshot ->

- the first row, lookup values for theoric durations per project are as follow : 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

=> And the calculated Sum is 20...

Does anyone encounters problem with this kind of sumup ?

Thanks for your help

14 Replies 14

What field type are you using for your durations? Duration? Number? Text? 

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Maybe some filter is enabled? 
Scroll down here.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 15.31.39.png

Hello, thanks very much for your time and help. It's a lookup field that looks up a number field. 

oVo_Team

Hello !

No its not the case, the result is the same with a formula SUM field. any other idea ?

Did you try using a rollup field on your project records to look at the numbers in your rollup field on your tasks records? That should work. 

Hello, not sure if i understood correctly, see screenshot of the rollup formatting : 

- Table projects (Routes) : rollup of the lookup fields of field ''objectifs temps' in table tasks (visits)

- Table tasks (visits) : lookup from a linked field (order_ID) to get the ''objectif temps''

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

"Objectif temps(min)/adresse" is a string, which may be the reason why the total fails.
If it is a number, it will be displayed on the right side of the cell.

How about changing the Lookup field to a rollup field and using the formula Value(values) to convert the values to a number field?

Try using a rollup instead of a lookup in your table tasks.

oVo_Team

Hello !

Thanks for the suggestion, just tried it but it returns ERROR message, see screenshot