1450 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Johns
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to send an email template based on changing an input on the table BUT I want to be able to view the email before send. E.g. Select Email Template 3 > View Email (make edits if need be) > Send Email.

I can set it up so the email is sent when selecting Email Template 3 with pre-populated fields but I want to have a quick scan of it before being sent to make sure the correct info is on it and I haven’t made a mistake with this user.

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Its not ideal, but you could use two Automations.

Have one automation emails you with essentially the “template”. If everything looks good, use a Checkbox or Single Select field to update that record as “ready to send”. Then use a second Automation to send the email to the true recipient.

That is actually a really good work around - appreciate you posting a response! Thanks!

That’s a great idea from @Kamille_Parks!

Alternatively, if you don’t need to automate the sending of your emails, you could use the SendGrid app which always shows a preview of your emails before sending.

I usually use an “email table” where I store merged emails before sending them. It is similar to the two stage system that Kamille described, except that I can make minor edits to the message without adjusting the template.