2374 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAIME_RODRIGUEZ
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to add/insert a value in a Multiselect Field but it keeps replacing the original value in the field using Integromat.

For Example: First Pass - Option1 updated , Second Pass Option 1 Deleted and Option 2 updated in place of Option 1.

Has anyone been able to find out how to insert a new VALUE in a Multiselect Field using INTEGROMAT?

THanks

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @JAIME_RODRIGUEZ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I moved your topic to a more appropriate category (Integrations).

Integromat always replaces data, regardless of field type. It never inserts/updates. To effectively keep the existing option and add another one to it, you’ll have to capture what exists first, then add the new selection to it when updating the record.

Hi @JAIME_RODRIGUEZ

I’ve just experimented with this and it’s quite simple - but there is a catch if the multi select field is empty.

A multi select fields contents are a Array and so you can’t just add a value with a normal formula - you need to use an ‘add’ which adds values to an array - and to get over the issue above you need to test to see if there is a value in the original version of the field coming from Airtable - so you end up with something like this:

I hope this helps!

Julian

Hi Julian. Have you figured out the corresponding way to update (from Integromat) an Airtable record’s attachment field with multiple attachments? Thanks.