4464 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oscar_Hong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to add new “single select” or “multiple select” options from a form, similar to the process in grid view?

I think what I’m looking for is the same as this post, but it was never answered.

4 Replies 4

Hi @Oscar_Hong

I’m afraid it isn’t - and I would imagine this is by design.

Forms are designed to be shared with non-users and if you enabled random people to add to your lookup tables then you would quickly find that they would become full of inconsistent entries - after all the main purpose of them is to maintain consistency of entry.

However, I can see that there are use-cases where it may be desirable to allow form users to add new entries so perhaps Airtable would consider adding this as an option - for the form designer to enable or disable form users from adding options to single/multi select and perhaps to Linked tables as well.

Garrett_HUssey
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Ideally this would be toggle function to allow or not allow.

Lee_Jordan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know there’s the risk of users polluting my airtable with lots of options but I think this seems like a decent suggestion.

Otherwise I can’t think of a decent way to handle “choose all that apply from this list of options” plus “other (please specify)” with a free text field.

You could also only show the default options with an Other option that then lets you submit a non-default option. In Airtable, free-form options could look different from the default structured options, and you don’t have to surface them as default options.