1604 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Fahey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I would like to be able to have two table tabs that have the same information, and will automatically update each other if either is edited. The reason I would like to do this is so I can decrease the number of views I have under each table, as it is becoming tedious to have to scroll through lines of views. Additionally, it would be nice if various employees could access/edit the same information, but have their own table with their own relevant views. Is there a way to do this? I know I can link records, but that isn’t going to automatically add new records to the other table. Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

it would be nice if various employees … have their own table with their own relevant views

This is a common request, but more often not, a poor solution. When data exists in multiple places it can rapidly diverge and you lose a ‘single source of truth.’ Though views aren’t as obvious and visibly pleasing as separate tables, they are the correct solution from a base design standpoint. But I would bet the underlying issues actually relate to design limitations of views (linked is a product suggestion I made). The workaround for the time being is to have your users make views ‘personal’ by default so that they only see views relevant for them.

I know I can link records, but that isn’t going to automatically add new records to the other table.

Correct. Again, the “correct” code-y way to do things is to avoid data duplication, which is why Airtable pushes linked records. If it’s essential to move the records “automatically” you need the help of either the Scripting Block or a third party tool.

It definitely makes sense; I had figured that was most likely the case, but thought I should double check just to make sure! I’ll switch the views that I only use to “personal” to at least get some of the views.