4154 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Grocott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have created an Airtable with the purpose of tracking call offs and other write ups at my work, with point values associated with certain infractions. I’m now looking for a way to automate the sending of an email to each person to let them know how many points they received, and their running total.

This is what my table looks like:

12%20AM

I have each team member’s email address saved under the “Team Member” tab at the top.

As you can see in the picture, each infraction has a point value, and then at the top, it shows the sum total of points that person has.

How can I get an email sent to each person as points are assigned to each team member?

If you have any questions to help clarify what I need, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

EDIT: I’m looking at SendGrid right now, but having trouble figuring out if it can be configured to work the way I’m wanting, and it looks like I’d be required to upgrade to the $20/mo package within Airtable, and I don’t think I can get approval on that spending.

4 Replies 4

This could be done with either Zapier or Integromat. Based on the number of operations you’d need for this, Integromat might be the better choice because you could do this with the free account, whereas you’re limited to two steps in Zapier’s free account.

After mulling this over a bit, I’ve got some rough ideas on how I might set it up. However, it’s just complex enough that I don’t feel comfortable writing out all the steps without testing it first, and unfortunately I’m swamped with work, and am also preparing for a cross-country move in just over a month, so I don’t have time to do a deep dive into this at the moment. I’m hoping someone else can jump in and offer more specific guidance.

You should be able to do this with a 2-step Zap if you just want to send an email each time a points record is created.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 18.36.19.png

I would do this on “new record in view” rather than “new record” in case the record gets picked up before the points are attached. Create the new view in AT with a filter of something like:

point value > 0

You’ll need to get the team member email (and maybe the leader email) into this table/view (use a lookup field) so that this information is available to Zapier.

Then in the outbound email component configure the “to”, “subject” and “body” fields (and any others) with data from your record.

JB

As a follow up, this doesn’t, by itself do the running total. I haven’t tried this, but I think you will need to rollup the points total onto the team members table, then lookup this total back into the point table (so it appears in every record), making it available to the zap.

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello and happy holidays AirTable community, I posted a question that is also about emails and AirTable. Anyone from this wonderful group have input? I’d be so appreciative. Connecting Email and AirTable