3493 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Wilden
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am using Airtable as a client directory. From this client directory table, I am trying to schedule individual clients inside the calendar. Since I want to save some time, I try to plan ahead and schedule my clients one or more weeks in advance, to stay ahead with my organisation. Naturally there are clients that get scheduled more than once in one week/month. Maybe a monday and wednesday, at specific times.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to display the same item twice or more times inside the calendar without affecting the whole table. It seems as if I can only schedule one week, have to reenter all the date and time columns and do everything again once the week is over. That means I cannot plan ahead far enough for Airtables calendar to be useful.

I have found this: Employee Scheduling Template - Free to Use | Airtable
But lets be honest, its neither visual enough (not using the calendar at all) nor has the best ease of use.

Then I found this:

Which goes in the right direction, but would I refer this to someone who isn’t a power user, it would not get used at all or hacked to shreds.

So my question would be: Is it somehow become possible to schedule the same person twice or more times in a calendar (entry) without confusing collaborators or hacking the tables?

I looked all over and this question did get asked a lot in the past few years. But since its 2020 and Airtable does get a lot of great updates, I thought I’d try again. Maybe someone clever has come up with a solution.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Tim_Wilden - welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you have a single table of “Clients”, and you are entering “Start” and “End” Date/Time values into fields on that “Clients” table. Is that right?

If so, the solution is another table. You need an “Appointments” table that is separate from your “Clients” table. Then, instead of modifying the “Start” and “End” fields on each Client in your “Clients” table, you would create a new “Appointment” record with a “Start” and “End” time, and link that “Appointment” record to a “Client”.

This way you can create as many “Appointments” as you want for the same “Client”, as far out in the future as you want, without having to make any other adjustments. You will have many “Appointment” records all linked back to one “Client”, and you will have many “Clients”, each of whom has many “Appointments” linked to them.

@Jeremy_Oglesby’s solution is the way to go. Having an [Appointments] table will let you duplicate a record (in this case, an appointment), meaning data entry won’t be too laborious.

Tim_Wilden

Thanks for the help @Jeremy_Oglesby and @Kamille_Parks

I already had something like this set up, but definitely missed the connection, or at least the way to do it properly! Jeremys description just put everything into place!