Edit specific cell in formula field

Is it possible to edit a specific cell of one record in a particular formula field?I have, Contract Start Date and Contract End Date (formula of Start + 1 year). Some contracts are 18 months or 2 years. Can I adjust those specific instances accordingly?

Thanks!

I’m afraid not. With a spreadsheet, each cell is independent of every other cell, but databases don’t have cells (even though Airtable’s grid view might make you think otherwise). They operate at the record level, and all records share common properties across the fields that they use. All date fields will contain dates, all formula fields will run the same formula, etc.

That aside, you can still get what you want with one small change. Consider adding a {Contract Term} field, making it a number type (integer) and using it to store the number of months for a contract. You can set the default number for new records (in the field properties) to 12, and manually change to any number you want for other contracts. Then alter your {Contract End Date} formula to be:

DATEADD({Contract Start Date}, {Contract Term}, "months")
1 Like

Thanks, @Justin_Barrett - that is exactly what I was thinking/doing. Worked perfectly.
Thank you very much!