cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashwin_Reddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a field which I can see in API documentation for the table.
https://airtable.com/{app_id}/api/docs#curl/table:{table_name}:fields

I don’t see the field in rest of the docs (list/retrieve/create/update).

I don’t get the field in the API response either when I’m trying to list records.

Table name is 110 characters long, is Single select, string.
I’m wondering if the length of the field name is the reasoning of the missing field.

I would like to know what to do to get the field in API response.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is there data in the field? The Standard REST API does not return fields for which there is no data.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Ashwin_Reddy! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

I think you meant “Field name” instead of “Table name.”

That’s possible. Why is the field name so long? Fields should ideally have short descriptive names. If you need to give users more clues as to how a field should be used, it’s better to enter those details into the field description (right-click on the field header, and choose “Edit field description”). Once the description is edited and saved, an info icon will appear on the field header bar, and hovering over that icon will show the details.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is there data in the field? The Standard REST API does not return fields for which there is no data.

Ashwin_Reddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in reply.

The issue was REST API not returning empty/false fields as @kuovonne suggested. I knew that empty fields won’t be returned, I didn’t know that false won’t be returned either.

@Justin_Barrett the table was created by a non-technical person and also it is being populated with CSV from a campaign form. Will see if the field names can be changed without disturbing the populating process.

Sorry for wasting your time on this. First time using AirTable with empty fields.