4452 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruby_Benoit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When someone completes a form and a new record is created in the grid, how can I notify my team about the new record?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

At the bottom of the form setup, there is an option you can switch on to have the account owner notified via email of each new form submission. With that switched on, add a filter/rule in your email client that forwards all such notifications to certain team members.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

There are no official notifications built into Airtable (except for collaborators getting notified of comments made to a record that they are either watching or have been added to as a collaborator).

So, a few different ways that you could approach this:

1. A fun & whimsical (although mostly unhelpful) way of being notified is using the chime block. It makes an alert sound of your choice whenever a new record is added to a specific view. However, the 2 major problems here are that: (1) the block must always be visible on your screen in order for the chime to work, and (2) if you’re away from your computer, you’ll miss the chime.

2. You guys could MANUALLY check for new records periodically throughout the day by creating a new view that only shows you new records that have been added via your form (but haven’t yet been reviewed by any team members). This new view would be filtered by the criteria of your choice. One possible way that you could filter this view would be to create a new checkbox field that you check off whenever you have reviewed the new record. If this checkbox IS NOT checked, then you could filter the record to appear on this view.

3. For fully-automated notifications, such as automatic email notifications or automatic Slack notifications, you would need to integrate an external automation tool, such as Integromat or Zapier. (If this gets too complicated for you and you feel like you need to hire an Airtable consultant to help you program this, feel free to send me a private message.)

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

At the bottom of the form setup, there is an option you can switch on to have the account owner notified via email of each new form submission. With that switched on, add a filter/rule in your email client that forwards all such notifications to certain team members.

@Ruby_Benoit If you got the answer you were seeking, please mark the appropriate comment as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!

@Ruby_Benoit I appreciate the solution mark, but you marked my request as the solution, and that comment didn’t actually contain the solution. If you would, please change the mark to the comment that actually contains the solution to your question.

Oh, duh! I totally missed that @Ruby_Benoit asked about doing this through a form. :man_facepalming:t2: Another one of my late-night posts where I’m too tired to read properly. :crazy_face:

Simple & easy solution, @Justin_Barrett, that is built right into the system! :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, now that I think about it, suggesting this form method for adding new records could be a perfect solution for anyone who wants to get automatic email notifications about new records being added. Someone could even use the new table permissions to prevent users from creating new records via the Airtable interface itself — which would then require users to always add their new records via a form.