1338 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_LinePro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am building a Db where people will be listed and one field will show where in the world they work. I’d like to be able to enter a record for John and say he works in Germany and Italy. Then, Joe is marked as USA and Italy. Jane is entered and marked as Thailand, USA and UK.

Is there a view where it lists all the options in the 'where do you work field" and if that person has a marking for that country, s/he shows up? For example, I’d like to see…

USA
Joe
Jane

THAILAND
Jane

GERMANY
John

ITALY
John
Joe

UK
Jane

This would allow users to scroll to the desired country and see a list of people who work there - regardless of them being on any other multiple country groupings as well.

HOWEVER, what I get is…

GERMANY, ITALY
John

USA, ITALY
Joe

USA, UK, THAILAND
Jane

How to make this work with another View, a linked Table, what?

Thanks in advance.
-Stephen

1 Reply 1

Hi Stephen

I think the best way to do this would be with a Linked table of countries you would see the countries a person works in against their record and a list of people working in a country in the country record:

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.28.08.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.27.43.png

You would be able to enter the information in either the Countries or People table in this example.

Having said that it would be great to be able to build a view with grouped data as you describe!

Julian