6871 29
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

hi, i’m currenly trying to use integromat to copy data from one base to another. but when there’s a linked column. it copies its record id instead of its field value. i tried turning on smart link, but it still copies record id instead of its value. any help please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

so i found another solution around it, i made a new formula field in airtable which copies whatever data is in linked field as text, and then using integromat i copied that formula column’s data in may new table. if the formula field has more than one value, it’s seprated by a commna. and i can separate them in integromat by their split string function. and it works perfectly. thanks eveyone for your help. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

See Solution in Thread

29 Replies 29
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Sneh_Patel

I just had to do this recently, with Integromat.

Here is a screenshot example of how I did my setup. For my use case the field name of the linked field was a check mark, but it is whatever the name of the field/table is, which has the link.

Hope it helps.

Mary Kay

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k thanks for replying, but when i do things the way you described, it shows this error : record ID xxxxxx doesnot exist. and i’m trying to copy from a linked column to another linked column in another base.temp1

temp2

Hi @Sneh_Patel

The two values in the quick links, are they the linked fields from each of your tables? If, so, you will need to just place the blue tag only from the field in the secondary table.

Also, you might not need the word “true”.

Can you show a screenshot of the field with the blue tag? This should be the field/tag from the main table.

Hope this is clear.

Mary K

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k i tried it without true flag and without adding anything to smart links field but it still shows the same error. here’s the screenshot you asked for.
TEMP3

Hi @Sneh_Patel

So, do you have two linked fields, in the main table?

What is the field name from the secondary table? I would suggest that you type the name of that field, exactly as you have it in your second table, into the Quick Links field. I think that I might have not have been clear in explaining this step. Try that.

In the mean time I will do some testing at my end and see how that goes.

Mary

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

what I’m trying to do is copy my one table’s few columns to another record, so i can work with them there, so yes, I’ve same named columns in my both airtable bases named as “client” and “Job Type” and both are linked columns in both bases. i tried to copy from linked column to Single line text, but it copies it as record ID(so, its a fail for me too.) if copying to linked column doesn’t work, at least copy to single line text would be fine for me. let me know if it works for you in single line text.
and i tried typing the exact name of field in smart link with smart link on and off, but it keeps giving same error, “he operation failed with an error. Record ID recPfIfbPoTutdaaj does not exist.”

let me know if you can’t understand it, i’ll send a video of my procedure, thanks

Hi @Sneh_Patel

Do you have names of clients in the Client field and jobs in Job type field? Are these the two fields that are linked to the same field names in the same base, in a second table? Or in a completely different base? Since there are tables in a base and then there are seperate bases, which are two different structures. I just want to understand your base/bases setup.

It would also be helpful if you could send me screenshots of your whole scenario setup and also the Airtable base. Just a few records will do. You can blackout any sensitive information.

If you you could also send me a brief Video showing how the scenario structure should work, that will be helpful, too.

Thank you,
Mary Kay

Linked records always copy Record ID’s, as that’s how they’re stored in the Airtable field itself.

You need to take that Record ID and search the other table with it first, in order to get the information that you want. Otherwise, Integromat has no idea what data you’re trying to pull. So you’re missing an entire search module in your Integromat scenario.

A linked record field is only a field filled with Record ID’s, even though the native Airtable interface shields this from you by showing you a primary field value.

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k
yes, i do have data in client anf job type field. and they’re in same table.
here’s a video of my problem : https://app.box.com/s/d12s6572yukvfe73u2kfuv6ly42h4pb8