Integromat - Saving Gmail attachment to Airtable

Hi! looking for help using Integromat - i’ve been trying to use Gmail Watch function and extract the attachment to Airtable but couldn’t get it working.
What should I choose ? just click “choose” and select the attachment doesn’t seem to work. If I click Map and then add item, what should I select in the file URL? I selecting the attachment but it doesn’t work either.

Thank you for any advice!

Hi Keith, did you ever get this working. I’m trying to get the same from Google Drive but haven’t got the correct data or result in my attachment field.

Hi

You might want to also try Facebook, where there is an Integromat Community. They now have support people that are associated with Integromat, assisting users/members. They have been very helpful to me, a beginner.

MK

Hi

Looking at this, I think it’s because the Gmail app in Integromat is returning the actual file whereas the Airtable attachment field wants a URL of a file to load (which isn’t available). I would be delighted to hear there’s a solution to this - maybe a support request to Integromat is in order…

OK - I contacted Integromat and they suggested saving the file to Dropbox first - and then copying from there to Airtable - but I couldn’t get this to work on my Dropbox account.

However, I tried with Google Drive and have a working solution - here’s the overview of the Scenario:

Note that I am also using an Iterate Attachments Gmail app which will allow you to do something with each attachment. Each is then stored in Drive, a record is created in Airtable and then I delete the file from Google Drive.

Hope this helps!