cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaney
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good afternoon,

I created a duplicate copy of a database I use and excluded all the records. How can I now “send” that database to another person? Obviously, they would need their own Airtable account. I’m looking at the share options and a little confused. I won’t need any access to it upon sharing, I’m basically giving someone a copy of my empty database, for their usage.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

In the share settings, select “Create a shared link to the whole base.” In the options that appear, select the second one:

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 10.47.37 AM

You’ll see a dialog that now looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 10.49.30 AM

Copy that URL and share it with anyone you want. If they have an Airtable account and access that URL, they’ll see a link in the upper-right corner that says “Copy base”, which will let them copy the entire structure into a workspace of their choosing.

If you want to share the base with literally anyone, consider submitting it to the Airtable Universe. You’ll find a link for that in the top menu of your main workspace view.

Thanks. Just did that. I’ll see what they say now that I sent them the link.

Regards,
David

Happy to help! If you would, please mark my comment (the one above, not this one) as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!