Airtable is now HIPAA compliant

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Engelberg
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

🩺📈 Exciting news for healthcare providers and organizations! Airtable is now HIPAA compliant and ready to support your critical work. 🎉

We understand the importance of protecting sensitive patient data and maintaining compliance with industry regulations while still making sure your company can function efficiently and effectively. That's why we've implemented the necessary safeguards and are proud to announce that Airtable is HIPAA compliant for our Enterprise Scale customers. 

With Airtable's powerful and flexible platform, you can streamline your workflows and collaborate with your team, all while managing your data securely. From patient records to clinical trials, Airtable provides a centralized solution that adapts to your company’s unique needs. 🔒👩‍⚕️👨‍⚕️

To learn more about enabling HIPAA compliance for your organization, please reach out to your account representative or contact our sales team to learn more

1 Comment
Alec_Wills
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It’s encouraging to see Airtable’s commitment to data security by becoming HIPAA compliant on the Enterprise Scale subscription tier. However, as a small healthcare provider, I find the limitation of critical security features to the higher-tier plans concerning. Features such as encryption, RBAC, audit logs, DLP, and advanced authentication controls are fundamental for any business handling sensitive data, not just large corporations.

Currently, the necessity to support at least 20 users on the Enterprise plan makes it inaccessible for smaller practices like mine. While the Business plan is a step in the right direction, it unfortunately doesn't meet the full range of our security needs. I have engaged with your sales team but found that there's no flexibility for smaller businesses.

I urge Airtable to consider making these essential security features standard across all paid tiers, or at least available as an add-on. This would greatly simplify our operations and allow small businesses to fully leverage Airtable's potential without compromising on security.