Improvements to Automations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helen_Zeng
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey everyone! I’m Helen, the product manager that looks after our Automations product here at Airtable, and I’m really happy that you all are finally seeing the navigation changes that teams at Airtable have been hard at work on. Alongside these updates, I’m also excited to share a series of improvements that we’ve made to Automations in this new navigation that let you focus on creating and editing automations while being able to reference the data you need and make it easier to change up the steps in your automation.

Specifically, you’ll now be able to:

• See your full list of automations on the left-hand pane, similar to views in the data tab
  • Open a table or view that you need to reference without leaving the automations tab
  • Drag and drop actions to reorder them or move them across conditional groups
  • Duplicate an action to easily reuse the logic

Huge thanks to the community for helping us improve upon this product. We’re always striving to make the product better, so as you start using this new experience so please don’t hesitate to drop any feedback you might have!

These updates will be rolled out to 100% by end of day tomorrow. If you aren’t seeing these changes reflected, please try clearing your cache.

New layout and view into data:
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 00.37.41

Drag and drop:
drag

Duplicating actions:
dup

22 Comments
DavidVM
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

A pop up warning would be nice:
“This view/table is used as a trigger in xyz automation. Are you sure you want to do that?”

It looks like this problem has been mostly solved today with the release of dependency notifications for certain actions.

James_Barnes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Piece of feedback on the overlay – it’s super hard to find. I had to come here and see the previous reply to this question to figure out where it was. BUT super useful tho once I found it!