cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello Airtable Community!

We wanted to gather all of June’s product updates in one place, to make sure we keep you in the loop.

f867bd024f3bd40210a66c7ddd0a3a172a4dc0ab.png

Here is a list of changes, big and small, that we introduced in June!

General Product Updates:

Automations updates:

• We are so excited to announce our newest automation trigger: “When a form is submitted”! The “When a form is submitted” trigger can be used to trigger an action when a response is submitted to the specified Airtable form
  • When rendering records found from a view using “Find Records”, then rendering those records as an HTML list or grid in an email, the records will now be rendered in the same order as the view.
  • The “At scheduled time” trigger has gotten a big update! Besides a refreshed UI, the trigger now supports:
    • selecting a start date/time for when the trigger should start firing
    • when the specified time interval is weekly, you can now specify the number of weeks between automation runs (from 1-11 weeks).
  • You can now easily navigate to specific automations in your base by using the new “Copy automation URL” option to create a link that opens a specified automation directly.
  • The “Send MS Teams message” now clearly shows an error message when meeting the 28KB size limit.
  • The “Send Email” action no longer truncates ratings’ fields rendered in an HTML grid.
  • The “Run a Script” action now clearly returns an error message when the custom script output exceeds the 6MB limit.
  • Creating and updating automations is now easier than ever with the ability to change an automation’s step’s action type.

Mobile updates:

iOS

• Editing filters is now presented in a bottom sheet, so you can see more of your data while you edit those filters.

Android

30 Comments
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Thanks for these updates, much appreciated.

Traci_Franssen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hooray!!! thank you!

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Ok, let’s se-

… am I drunk? Is the evil stepbutton here to stay?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m way too old to be able to complain about imaginary things on the Internet with a straight face and “that was totally time well-spent” attitude.

But I did find this funny seeing how controversial recent changes were. I feel sorry for the people who regularly share bases with non-technical users, though, who’ll usually be clients by proxy/employment, and whatnot.

An inconsistent UI will eventually lead everyone into making a mistake. And based on these past few days,. it sounds like a lot of current consultants are one “where’s da buttooon” phone call away from realizing they’ve spent half a day volunteering as level 1 technical support because they simply did not anticipate things escalating so cartoonishly. Let me tell you, I’ve spoken with Airtable’s L1s a few times and they’re pretty amazing, no way you can compete if you’re in the consulting biz. :stuck_out_tongue:

So… yeah, fingers crossed for buttons to stay put, starting soon.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks, @Rose_K! You’re a superstar! :star2: :sparkles:

These are truly fantastic updates for the month of June! :cowboy_hat_face: :raised_hands:

Love the persistent “New Record” button at the bottom of the screen! :grinning: Heart

p.s. One feature request that 2 of my clients really needed this week: Please allow us to make the column headers taller, so we can reduce the widths of our columns but still see the full field names. Maybe we can see this improvement in July? :winking_face: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One feature request that 2 of my clients really needed this week: Please allow us to make the column headers taller, so we can reduce the widths of our columns but still see the full field names.

This would be amazing! I am waiting for it also +1

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think you have the wrong link here. The link opens a support page about a scripting action, and that page doesn’t mention anything about an automation url.

Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Fixed that link, thanks @kuovonne! :star2:

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

I’m wondering in which context I could use this :thinking: Any use cases?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I can only think of one use case for this bizarre addition to the product line: A client asking their Airtable consultant, “Can you please check over this automation for me? Here’s the link.”

Meanwhile, we have REAL needs that are going extremely unmet by the Airtable team. See my post above for one tiny example out of hundreds.

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

What’s left to say @ScottWorld … We can only hit the same nail that many times :man_shrugging: If I were Airtable, I’d book a flight for you, @kuovonne, @Bill.French and @Kamille_Parks (to name a few), put you guys in a 5* hotel and let you braindump everything. Then put together the biggest and most capable team I could find AND GET ON WITH IT!

But hey, I’m just a simple freelancer from Belgium :expressionless: