cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristen_Waggene
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!

I am trying to set up a work request form, and am stuck on one part. I’m not sure whether I need to use formulas or automations, but I’ve scoured help videos and articles to no avail trying to find what I’m looking for.

I would like to have a numerical Work Order ID (basically a consecutive numerical number) added to a record field as soon as the record is created.

Ideally, I’d love for it to take this form (Year-####), as that’s the current system we use, but I’d settle for just a unique numerical number for each new record created.

I’m sure this is simpler than I’m making it out to be, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kristen. Here’s Airtable’s autonumber field. You can combine that in a formula field with the YEAR function. However, it’s a basic solution. You may want to format the autonumber field itself to be a set number of digits (maybe with prepended zeros).

YEAR(TODAY())&'-'&{Autonumber field}

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kristen. Here’s Airtable’s autonumber field. You can combine that in a formula field with the YEAR function. However, it’s a basic solution. You may want to format the autonumber field itself to be a set number of digits (maybe with prepended zeros).

YEAR(TODAY())&'-'&{Autonumber field}

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.