Help

Re: Airtable creating an event in Google Calendar from an end date that's a formula - not working

922 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daisy_Drury
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi

I have a schedule that has a start time and date and a duration and the end time and date is calculated from the duration.

I’ve set up an automation that creates a Google Calendar event whenever a new event is created in Airtable.

The automation fails because it can’t seem to read the End time and date formula.

However, the weird thing is that if I duplicate and event (instead of adding new) the automation runs fine.

Can anyone help/explain and offer a solution?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

When you create an Airtable record “the normal way”, all the non-calculated fields are empty. That means your start date and duration are presumably empty. Depending on how your End Time formula is structured, that could result in either a blank value or an error.

When you duplicate a record (that isn’t “empty”), submit a record via a form or API, or generate a record via Automations/scripts/Zapier/etc., records have values in the relevant fields at the time of creation.

In other words, the reason your Automation is failing is because if your trigger fires when a record is created, but your steps require a value in your fields, you will continue to see failed attempts until you either (a) ensure all new records are created with the necessary fields filled in, or (b) you change your trigger to one that accurately accounts for all fields being filled in.

Daisy_Drury

Thanks Kamille. I thought it might be something like that. Thank you.