Help

Re: Amazon S3 bucket - Airtable (only 100 records showing in S3 bucket CSV file)

1174 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shpetim
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello guys,

I really appreciate all the help that I can get.
I have tried looking for anything that could solve my issue but I have not succeeded.

My issue is this:

I have two Amazon S3 buckets that generate a CSV -file to my B2B customers.
This data comes from my Airtable (in my Airtable base I have two tables, one for each B2B customer). These tables include 108 records and 115 records.

However, only 100 records are showing in my CSV -file located in Amazon S3.
I have tried all the functions possible (I use the Lambda function in Amazon, with a layer from python).
Furthermore, I have used the pagination logic etc. but nothing seems to help.

If someone knows what is causing this and needs more information, I am here to provide you with everything.
Functions, etc.

Thank you in advance!

7 Replies 7
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Not sure, but I would just use Make’s CSV tools to automatically export your Airtable data in CSV format to Amazon S3 using Make’s Amazon AWS S3 tools.

I discuss importing and exporting CSV files with Make on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your answer!

I watched your part of the podcast and it actually looks rather simple. However, do you have an answer on how many records Make's CSV tool can fetch since Airtable has a maximum of 100 records? For this, you usually have to use the pagination function but in my case it doesn't solve the issue.

One of the great things about Make is that it automatically handles pagination for you, so you don’t need to worry about it at all. You just tell Make the maximum number of records that you want it to retrieve, so you can just type in a very high number like 100,000. It won’t affect you negatively in any way to type in a high number.

Hello Scott,

I actually tried Make.com out and it is incredible. Super easy and clear.
However, I am having an issue with the CSV -file that I am taking from Airtable to my Amazon AWS S3 bucket.

I am using the "Create CSV (advanced)". I have chosen the column "names" to the right columns.
For example, I have 14 columns in total including one for EAN codes, one for Stock quantity, one for Coli size, one for Item name etc.

When I choose these from the list and try to run the module it gives me this error:

BundleValidationError
Validation failed for 3 parameter(s).
Invalid number in parameter 'Stock status'.
Missing value of required parameter 'EAN'.
Invalid number in parameter 'Coli size'.

Origin
Make

Automatic error handler
If you want to handle this error automatically, choose one of the following options. This will create a new error-handler route in your scenario. You can then expand the route in any way you like.

When I open the file, everything seems fine except these columns. EAN code, stock status and coli size all should have numbers included. I don't really understand why this error is occurring since I have chosen these exact column in the CSV -file.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and if there is a possibility to fix it?
Should I choose a function for these columns or?

I have attached some files below to make it more clear.

Thank you in advance!

The error might be because you are trying to insert Airtable arrays into those fields instead of text or numbers. When you see the square brackets [ ] after your Airtable field names, that means you’re referencing an entire array of values instead of a single value.

p.s. There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. 

Hello Scott,

I looked at the navigation video but I wasn't able to see any solution on my issue.

Is there a way to add something else for my Airtable field names? The thing is that I am pretty new to this and I can't seem to find any forum that explains this.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In that thread, I also posted the link to the 8 hours of Make training videos that they created.

You either need to point to the first value in the array, or create a formula that results in a string in Airtable.

Keep playing around with it — you will get it!

p.s. If your company has a healthy budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.