Help

Re: Anyone know how to add repeating-group using the SendGrid integration?

Solved
Jump to Solution
767 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianSoriaga
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I'm quite the novice at Airtable at the moment and would love some help with from anyone whom is knowledgable with the SendGrid integration and/or can figure out a solution for this problem. I understand how it works, surface level, by adding {field}s to the HTML however, it is not as dynamic as I want it to be. 

My goal is to send an email from the SendGrid integration with information from multiple rows - a dynamic list in the email that will shrink of grow depending on how many rows there are.

Is there a way to add a repeating group in the HTML-code of a SendGrid email that is pulled from Airtable?

Is this possible? If so, how? 😭

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@JulianSoriaga You can only embed information into an email sent by the SendGrid extension email if the information exists on that record’s row itself. There are many different workarounds for this. You can try using lookup fields or rollup fields or Airtable’s automations to aggregate the information you need onto that row itself. Or, a very straightforward method would be to use Make. Make has 4 different aggregator tools that let you combine the data from multiple records together. Alternatively, you could just use Airtable’s Send Email automation along with a Find Records step (and Airtable’s new looping capabilities) to get what you need. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hmm...my understanding is that the SendGrid integration sends per record in a view? 

If so, would it be possible to link the records you want to send in your email to the records in the view mentioned above?  Once the records were linked you could then use a formula field to format it, and then use that formula field within the SendGrid email?

So.. the solution is simply using a formula fields in lieu of just the fields in the HTML template. I see what you mean and I will give this a shot!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@JulianSoriaga You can only embed information into an email sent by the SendGrid extension email if the information exists on that record’s row itself. There are many different workarounds for this. You can try using lookup fields or rollup fields or Airtable’s automations to aggregate the information you need onto that row itself. Or, a very straightforward method would be to use Make. Make has 4 different aggregator tools that let you combine the data from multiple records together. Alternatively, you could just use Airtable’s Send Email automation along with a Find Records step (and Airtable’s new looping capabilities) to get what you need.