Help

Append new row to Google Sheets: append at bottom (not top)

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
706 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidibaum
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I've set up a very basic automation: 

Trigger=when a form is submitted; Action=Google Sheets: Append a new row to a spreadsheet. 

The automation is working correctly, EXCEPT for the fact that the new row is appended at the TOP of the spreadsheet (i.e., row 1, above the header row) instead of at the bottom of the spreadsheet (i.e., under existing rows of data). Is there a way to specify that new rows should be appended at the bottom, below existing rows?

Thanks! Heidi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, that's odd... it should always append to the bottom, not the top. There might be something odd about your spreadsheet that is confusing Airtable.

Try it on a brand new (empty) spreadsheet and see what happens. You might need to report this issue to support@airtable.com, so they can take a look at your spreadsheet, since it sounds like there is something about your spreadsheet that might be confusing Airtable.

You may also want to test it with Make's Google Sheets integrations for Airtable to see if it works properly with Make.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, that's odd... it should always append to the bottom, not the top. There might be something odd about your spreadsheet that is confusing Airtable.

Try it on a brand new (empty) spreadsheet and see what happens. You might need to report this issue to support@airtable.com, so they can take a look at your spreadsheet, since it sounds like there is something about your spreadsheet that might be confusing Airtable.

You may also want to test it with Make's Google Sheets integrations for Airtable to see if it works properly with Make.

Thanks for replying! It was helpful to know that it should be appending at the bottom. I did some tests and I think the issue was caused by the fact that a couple of columns in the target spreadsheet were hidden. Not sure why that caused the appending to happen at the top rather than the bottom, but it appears to be working as intended now.