cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Hess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think I'm really close to figuring this out.  Here's the ideal  scenario:

My accounting department hits a "Reminder" button on their interface which triggers an automation to send my Project Managers a reminder email to approve their invoices.  The email contains a grid of that specific project manager's open invoices.

My current situation:

- My interface button works great.  Best button ever.

- My "repeating group" action is where i'm getting twisted up.  I've got a "repeat for every one in the project managers" list going. 

I've got a "Find Records" action that finds ALL the invoices where the "PM Approved" field is not checked. 

I want to send Project Manager 'A', a grid of ONLY his invoices that haven't been approved yet.  How do I add a condition in the "Find Records" action that find records for the next project manager on the list?  

Edit:  I think I understand now.  The "list" can only be generated from a multiple select field.  Hmmm.  Maybe this won't work at all.  Every record in my table has only one PM...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need
- a Find Record action to find the list of [Project Managers] from the [Project Managers] table
- a Repeating Group to loop through the [Project Managers]
- a second Find Records to find the unapproved invoices for the current project manager in the repeating group.

You could also use a conditional count field to avoid sending reminders to project managers who don't have any unapproved invoices.

I wrote a more detailed explanation with screen captures in my Guide to Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hmm, the list can be generated from a "Find Records" action too, so what if you had an automation with a Find Record action that gets you the list of Project Managers, and had a repeating group run per PM instead?

Its action would be to look for all the invoices where the "PM Approved" field is not checked for that Project Manager, and then email those to the specific PM?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need
- a Find Record action to find the list of [Project Managers] from the [Project Managers] table
- a Repeating Group to loop through the [Project Managers]
- a second Find Records to find the unapproved invoices for the current project manager in the repeating group.

You could also use a conditional count field to avoid sending reminders to project managers who don't have any unapproved invoices.

I wrote a more detailed explanation with screen captures in my Guide to Airtable.

Aaron_Hess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not sure how to give more than 1 kudo, but your writeup was PERFECT!