cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praise_Hall
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! 

I am hoping to send weekly staff wide emails detailing a list of upcoming programs and events at my Foundation. I set up the Automation and it works well. However, the dates are ordered by when a record was created and not based on the actual date of a program. I've seen others with this issue in the past and I tried ungrouping the data but nothing has worked. Is there a feasible workaround for this yet? 

It would also be great if when sending the date / time for an event it sent it in EST time instead of UTC. I have it formulated in the data layer to so that is recognizes an EST time zone but in the weekly email it still is presented as UTC. 

Please help! I have an example below with the out of order dates and UTC time zone. 

Thanks, 

Praise 

Screenshot (37).png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, when I do a "Find Record" action based on a view where it's sorted by the date, the grid that gets created is sorted similarly:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.41.05 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.42.46 AM.png

As you can see, it's sorted by "Date" and not by the Created Time 
---

> It would also be great if when sending the date / time for an event it sent it in EST time instead of UTC. I have it formulated in the data layer to so that is recognizes an EST time zone but in the weekly email it still is presented as UTC. 

Ah for this, I'm afraid you'll need to create a new formula field to display it in the timezone / format you want:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.42.21 AM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

Yeap sure, here! 

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  Date,
  "LLLL"
)

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, when I do a "Find Record" action based on a view where it's sorted by the date, the grid that gets created is sorted similarly:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.41.05 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.42.46 AM.png

As you can see, it's sorted by "Date" and not by the Created Time 
---

> It would also be great if when sending the date / time for an event it sent it in EST time instead of UTC. I have it formulated in the data layer to so that is recognizes an EST time zone but in the weekly email it still is presented as UTC. 

Ah for this, I'm afraid you'll need to create a new formula field to display it in the timezone / format you want:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.42.21 AM.png

Link to base

Thanks for this! Could you share the formula you used format the date with day of week included, it would be awesome to show the date that way. 

Yeap sure, here! 

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  Date,
  "LLLL"
)

Thank you so much!