Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DidrikSa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I have the tables "units" "location," and "event."
Events have a lookup field to location, and a location has multiple units. What I want to acheive is to create an automation so that when a record is created in event, a new event for evry unit in that location.

I started, but seem to be stuck on

To give an example:
Units are lightbulbs, locations are buildings and events are service missions. A user can change one or all lightbulbs in a location via a form as part of a service misson. If the user changes all lightbulbs in a location I want to create a new record for each of the lightbulbs in that location.
The point is that it's important to track when the lightbulb last had maintenance.

2 Replies 2
low-code-Rachel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Here's what I would do:

1. Create a new table called "Maintenance"
  2. Add a linked field on Maintenance table that links to "units"
  3. Create a form within "Maintenance" table where users can select each item they serviced from a drop down selection of "units" table.
  4. Add a "Date serviced" field to Maintenance table. Allow users to input this field in the form.
  5. Create a "Last Updated" column in "Units" table that only looks at the linked "Maintenance" field.

Hope this helps. If you need more support, you can schedule time w/ me.

The form will not work, as the input is received from an external application.

If it is not possible to create a service record for each unit as an automation, I will need to make some kind of lookup for last serviced to track it.