cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marksteady
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a sprintview and want to ensure that when I create a new sprint(sub)task, it gets automatically added to the current sprint. I have a begin and enddate of sprints. How would this automation look like? 

Thanks! 

Marksteady_0-1711359725105.png

7 Replies 7

Hmm, I take it the "Sprints" table has a "Start" and "End" date set?  If so, you could try creating a formula field that'll check whether today's date falls within the start and end, thus identifying the current sprint

You could then use an automation that triggers when a new task gets created that'll look for a record in the "Sprints" table that matches the value from the previously mentioned formula field, and link that Sprint record to the newly created task?

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adam is on to how we do it.  

Our sprint table has the concepts of past, current, next sprints that are formulas identifying if today falls inside of those periods or not.  Then when you create a new task, you find the sprint that is 'current'.

Calhoun5897
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In our sprint table, we have formulas that determine whether today falls within the past, current, or next sprints. When creating a new task, you select the sprint that is currently active based on these formulas. 

@Dan_Montoya that sound like a great way to do it! Could  you help me with the formula you've created for that? I havn't been able to create one that actually works...

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marksteady Here is a sample base that has the next 12 months of sprints.  A formulate calculates the sprint state.  When you have a new task do a search to find the sprint that is "Active".

@Dan_Montoya That looks great. That's exactly what I'm looking for! Are  you able to share the exact formula? (couldn't see that in the sample). 

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can copy the base, all of the formulas and automations will be there.