cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy_Herman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi helpful people,

I have a list of voucher codes. When someone fills out a form requesting a code, I’d like to update their record with the first unused code on my list.

I’m stuck on how to update an existing record with a value from another table. Could someone help me with that part, please?

6 Replies 6

Hi @Amy_Herman

What do you have so far (some screenshots are always helpful) and were exactly are you stuck?

Hi there,

I have one sheet with a long list of redemption code and a separate one with users. I am stuck on a formula to automate pulling a redemption code and assigning it to a user automatically when a third field on a separate sheet is true.

The use case is that I offer a redemption code for a store when someone attends a meeting. I have a sheet with members of my group, a separate linked one with attendance, and a third one with just the codes. Ideally, when I mark that someone has attended a meeting (manually), I can have an automation set up to email a code. The codes are unique which is why the automation needs to pull the first unused code.

Nope, I’m stuck here. Maybe someone more experienced than me will have a solution with Airtable functionality, or else it will probably need a scripting solution of some sort.

Michel_Demoncea
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Amy,

I’m facing the same problem. Have you found a solution ?

Thanks

Michel

Colleen_Brady
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m also looking for a solution along these lines.

Hi,
the trick is to get single record id from array of unused codes returned by ‘Find records’ step (in my example i just did random ‘find’)
Can be done by one-line script
Then you can use it’s output as record id for next step (mark as ‘used’, email code value etc)

alternatively, it can be done without code using additional table with just one record.

use this ID in next steps, mark ‘used’, send value etc…