229 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base full of contractor information (Name, contact info, addresses, etc.) these fields are concatenated into one field.

I sync this contractor info base across our project bases so that the information is readily available. 

When I select a contractor from a dropdown list on a project base I want it to use the corresponding concatenated contractor info field from the sync'd contractor information base into a 'contractor info' field on the project base so my users don't have to copy and paste the info in every time. 

I've been trying to use automation? Is this possible? What is the best way to achieve this? Shouldn't be too hard to select an option then autofill info based on that selection right? What am I missing? 

1 Reply 1
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

You shouldn't have to concatenate anything.

Table A projects

Table B Contractors -- I prefer to use email address as the primary field since it will be unique in our company.   

Sync Contractors into Projects.  Link Contractors to Projects.  Then use the lookup field to pull in the meta data on the contractor.  if the goal is to have the contractor data in a single field in the project base, you could then concatenate the contractor meta data into the field in projects.  This creates stale data, however.  If the contractor billing address changes, then the old record is out of date.