354 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfonsodiaz2331
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking to find any way to automate and control the license levels that exist for our users in Airtable.  Currently, a builder in Airtable can promote users to builders, and collaborators.  This obviously can cause licensing headaches, and administrative headaches.

Has anyone found a way to control or run audits via any type of automation to get a handle on licensing changes?  I understand this might be the opposite of what Airtable wants, which is to keep free and open collaboration, but that's not reasonable for businesses trying to control costs.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1
jhenry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I spoke with our account manager and she confirmed they have ZERO tools for admins to manage this kind of license promotion and proliferation. This has led to us receiving surprise invoices on the magnitude of $6.5k. This lack of admin tools means we will have to move away from this tool altogether because these unexpected costs are difficult to avoid and is too much financial risk for our nonprofit to carry. If they provide better admin tools for license management we might consider staying.