Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Automation and sent consistently at a specific time of the month

Topic Labels: Automations
822 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christina_Sturr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Airtable.  I enjoy this platform very much and trying to learn more to allow for more automation.  I am hoping someone could assist me in trying to do the following:

I have made a view of our enrollments that need to be audited.  I am then setting up an automation to send an email at a particular time of the month for our audit team to pick up this data to audit.  I have tried two different ways but not doing really what I am looking for it to do.

First, I created the view in my workspace and then tried setting up an automation to send to our audit team at a certain day and time.  However, it won't let me choose this particular view to send.

Secondly, I synced my view to the training teams table and then set up an automation to send the email when a record is added to the view.  This works but it is only an email.  So they have to log into Airtable to view the data.  I was hoping to attach the view with the information in the email or attach as an attachment.  Does anyone know how to do this without having to do it manually every month?  I want the data to be sent automatically on a certain day or time consistently.  

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Christina

2 Replies 2
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Christina! 

Welcome to the Airtable community! 

If you set up your view in your database to be consistently showing the data you want to send then you should be able to set up an automation that triggers at a scheduled time that includes the link to the shared view. This view would allow you recipients to view and download the data without being signed into Airtable. You can set up a shared link through the "Share and sync" in the Airtable menu and click "Create link to view", once the link is created you can copy the link and input that directly into the Email action of your automation.

AirOps_0-1690993969016.png

Tip: Airtable email automations use a version of markdown text so if you want this view to be a hyperlink in your email you can use the following format: [TEXT FOR HYPERLINK](URL)

Please let me know if this is the solution you were after! I hope this helps. 

Chantal

Thank you so much!  I so appreciate your help.  I did set up the automation repeating each month.  The only issue I have is that I have to change the link out each month as it is a new table each month that I create.  I have monthly tables that I create for enrollments and have to send certain data to a department for auditing.  I set up the same views each month by copying the table from the month before and then updating the information.  I have to send a reminder to myself to update the table in the automations.  This is better than sending an email every month so this is helpful.  Thanks again.