cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keehun_Nam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable Community,

I have an automation set up that finds records and emails the results. In addition, I have this automation set up to send the same results to a Slack channel, and everything is working well.

However, the formatting in a Slack message leaves a lot to be desired. Whereas in an email, I can get a very nice “Grid” style result output, in Slack, my only option is “List” which is very difficult to read and make sense of compared to the “Grid” design.

What would be nice is if the contents of the email (with the “Grid” style results) could be posted to a webpage (preferably behind Airtable authentication or another login) and I could post a “view this report in browser” link to Slack instead of that “List” style result message.

Has anyone done this? Is there an extension for this?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Since you really like the grid style output, I think your easiest & quickest way of doing something like this would be to take advantage of Airtable’s built-in “Create Google Doc” automation action, which allows you to create a brand new Google Doc with the grid embedded into the document.

Then, your next automation action (after creating the Google Document) would be to send a Slack message with the URL of the document that was just created.

Keehun_Nam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

That’s a really great idea. Thanks @ScottWorld!

Unfortunately, it looks like it’s only available to Pro accounts. I’ll have to keep looking for my free account at this time.