Help

Automation taking information from multi select field (only taking one selection?)

Topic Labels: Automations
237 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FaH
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I want to create an automation which creates a new record in Table B (=record B) upon the creation of a record in Table A (= record A).

The title of the automatically created record(s) B should be coming from a multi select field in the record A BUT if multiple (n) things are chosen in record A then I want also n records and the titles should contain only one of the selected option.

So as an example:
I can choose "Red", "Blue" and "Yellow" in record A. The automation then should create 3 records in Table B: 
One titled "Red" one titled "Blue" one titled "Yellow" and NOT 1 record saying "Red, Blue, Yellow".

Is this even possible?

1 Reply 1

Yeah it is, you could create an automation that'll take the multiple select field's values and use it in a repeating group like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 10.56.22 PM.png

Which would result in this:

Screen Recording 2024-03-01 at 10.55.51 PM.gif

Link to base

You mentioned that you want the automation to trigger when a record is created in Table A, and so I assume the multiple select field is fully populated on creation of the record in Table A?  If that's the case, you'll notice that in my automation it's set up to trigger when the checkbox field is checked, but you can just change it to "When record created" and it'll work fine