cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilipaflog
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need a trigger when new Spreadsheet with the term containing Brand created.

I need automation/script/Zap to read the spread sheet created and create these records present in the google sheet into airtable. 

I did a lot of searching on Zapier, There seems to be no automation which reads google sheets drive link from airtable and creates those records in airtable 

Can someone help me if they have worked on something similar?

Appreciate all the help ill receive 

@kuovonne @ScottWorld @Justin_Barrett 

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can do this with MakeSorry, I can’t talk you through the entire process because it would take an hour or so to setup, but if you’re brand new to Make, I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who may be able to answer other Make questions. 

Thank you for the reply @ScottWorld 

I just tried by signing up. I had a basic question, It says trigger is when I create a row, Does it even have an option for trigger when I create a new spreadsheet?

Regards,

Dilip

Yes, you would need to start with a Google Drive module to watch for new files.

You may also want to just export the final spreadsheet as a CSV file into a specific watch folder in Google Drive, and then use Make’s CSV modules to automatically parse the CSV file into Airtable. That would be an easier setup in Make.

dilipaflog

Thank you for the revert @ScottWorld  I however got it to work using Google App scripts as I could tweak my workflow. however I did give  Make a try and seems to be promising. Thank you again.